Thursday, July 18, 2013

Market More Than Your Home


When you put your home up for sale, make sure that your agent is marketing more than just your home. If the agent you're working with is marketing just your home, chances are that this agent is doing nothing more than throwing your home on the MLS. To expand your buyers pool and appeal to people outside of your direct market place you must also market the area that the home is located in.

How do you market the area?

One of the strategies that I use to market the areas that I'm listing homes in is I create an "E-Neighborhood" profile. This is a 23-25 page report that basically describes everything and more that you need to know about the area. This report will include the demographics, median incomes, education stats, school system stats, restaurants, NYC transportation info, entertainment, and much more.

Another simple strategy that I implement is making a facebook fan page for your home. This fan page will basically include information from the e-neighborhood and I will also post a feature every few days about the area. These features include restaurant specials, local news, and general entertainment in the area. The purpose of this is to give the potential buyers a good feel for what the area is like.

These are just a couple of the very simple strategies that I use to expand your buyers pool effectively.

If you would like to know what else I do to expand my client's buyers pool, feel free to reach out to me at, KyleKovats@Gmail.com

-Kyle Kovats, New Jersey Realtor

No comments:

Post a Comment